George
1 D'Arblay StreetLondon
W1F 8DG









See more about this pub on CAMRA's national web site
There has been a pub of this name here since at least 1739; the present building dates from 1897. The street was originally called Portland Street after its owners, the aristocratic Portland family, but was renamed D'Arblay Street in 1909 to commemorate the nearby residence of Fanny Burney (later Madame D'Arblay). Shepherd Neame of Faversham have been owners since 2013. The pub is fairly small but large windows make it quite light. There is often a crowd outside on the pavement and a small upstairs function room may be used if not booked. In common with many other central older pubs, the steps down to the Gents' WC are steep. The food offering at date of this entry is two types of toastie.