King's Head17 Hogarth Place
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Friendly corner establishment, off the busy Earls Court Road, decorated in a modern style. Mainly floored in wood, with tiling around the bar area, the place is furnished with comfortable seating: high stools and tables, dining sets and some settees with low tables. A real fire is often lit in winter and the air conditioning switched on on those hotter summer days. Circa 17th century, this pub is the oldest surviving licensed premises in the area. Rebuilt in 1937, the building is stated by the local authority to contribute to the village atmosphere and to make a significant contribution to the character and appearance of the conservation area. It was bought by Fuller's from Faucet Inns in late April 2015 Of note are the unusual "postage-stamp" pub swing-signs, based on coinage designs of George V by Bertram Mackennel. Unlike the coins and stamps, the signs show His Majesty facing in both directions! The 1972 film, "The Adventures of Barry McKenzie" used the pub and the neighbouring "Kangaroo Valley" as locations. The kitchen remains open for dinner until late evening and Wednesdays are "Craft Beer and Wings Nights". Three Fuller's cask ales are joined by a guest, often from another local brewery.