Salutation154 King Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
First licensed in 1727, when it was a coaching inn, the present Fuller's pub, designed by A P Killick and grade II listed, dates from 1910. The pub's frontage is a rare complete survival in London of the use of lustrous faience tiling. Double entrance doors, with stained glass panels in Art Nouveau style and brass plates, lead to an interior substantially altered over the years but still retaining many of its original features. There is a fine fireplace with a mirrored mantelpiece and a large ceiling lantern. A modern conservatory at the rear leads to a substantial enclosed patio. A previous landlord won many Fuller's awards for his garden, so much the so that the late Queen Mother, as Patron of the London Garden Society, visited the pub in 1989 to inspect the floral display, the customary photograph of her pulling a pint behind the bar capturing the occasion. Today's decorative style has resulted in attractive stripped pine floor boards, half-height wood panelling over-painted green and grey and the upper parts of the walls decorated with old educational posters. A mixture of tables and comfortable chairs and plenty of open space in front of the bar contrive to encourage both diners and drinkers. Fuller's core London Pride and ESB are supplemented by at least one, but sometimes two, other real ales from the Fuller's or elsewhere. Food offering is Thai.