White Horse1-3 Parsons Green
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
First licensed in 1688, the second White Horse (1778) was destroyed by fire in 1881. Leased to Young & Bainbridge at the time, it was rebuilt the following year and enlarged in 1894. The pub operated as a free house from 1883-1977 despite the fact that Charringtons brought the freehold in 1914. Now a large, light and airy M&B pub maintaining a long-standing reputation for quality beer and food. Pilsner Urquell tank beer is available from a crafted copper tank. Cask ales are supplied by the Pigs Ear beer agency usually including Marble, Redemption, Oakham, and Burning Sky. The former coach house at the rear is used as a restaurant or for stillage during four annual beer festivals, of which the pub's annual Old Ale Festival has been one of the largest. Upstairs a bar opens in the evening and at weekends. The covered patio area in front accommodates outdoor drinkers and smokers, with barbecues in summer. Listed as an Asset of Community Value by Hammersmith & Fulham Council on 28th November 2018.