Fellowship & StarRandlesdown Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Grade II listed, mock Tudor style, built as a ‘improved’ public house in 1923-4 by F.G. Newnham, house architect of brewery Barclay Perkins and Co. It was built as part of the London County Council’s Bellingham Estate. By the mid 20th century it was renowned for attracting many famous live bands of that era. It had many rooms including a theatre, off sales, although by the early 21st century only one room was open. It was then only the saloon, with a wood panelled interior, that was being used. In early 2016 major plans were announced to use lottery grant funding to transform the site to be "something special for the community" – a cinema, a cafe, a music hub with rehearsal spaces and live music stage, plus the pub. Works progressed well with the pub closed, and it was expected to reopen sometime in spring / summer 2019 and it was reported that the Electric Star Group would operate the pub, it already operates five other pubs in East London. The long wait is over, the venue officially re-opened on Friday 14th June 2019. Seating is at a mish-mash of high tables and chairs, bench seating and low tables and chairs around all sides of a central bar servery, with some booth seating towards the rear. Lots of the original dark wood panelling remains. 3 handpumps. More details of the food offering and food serving hours to follow. The cinema is now open - see pub website for the programme.