See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Traditional, Grade II listed building, built in 1543 and a pub since 1771. Two large open fireplaces at either end of the main bar with welcoming log fires in the winter. There is a large garden at the rear. Was originally three cottages and thought to have been the brewhouse for a Roman Catholic seminary next door. Recently reopened under new ownership, , with a strong emphasis on British seasonal food with locally sourced food and guest ales.