Packhorse & Talbot145 Chiswick High Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Large, plush, well-lit and comfortable lounge bar refurbished in 2002. The rear patio beer garden makes it good for warm weather drinking. Named the Upper Packhorse until 1812; the present premises were rebuilt by Watneys in 1935. Note the unusual hollow pub sign. The name is believed to derive from the talbot, one of only two dogs used in heraldry (along with the the greyhound) as a companion to and guardian of the packhorse driver.
Following a demolition notice posted by the landlord in summer 2014 Hounslow Council has now designated the surrounding area as the Chiswick High Road conservation area.