Bell & Crown11-13 Thames Road. (rear entrance 72 Strand-on-the-Green)
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Deservedly popular riverside pub with a rear patio and conservatory overlooking the Thames. The first record of a licence is in 1751 and the pub was originally the Bell until 1787; and was rebuilt in 1907 on condition that the licence of the neighbouring Ship Aground be surrendered. Interior panelling and lowish ceiling lends to a cosy and comfortable ambience. There is a real fire in the winter.