Sydney ArmsOld Perry Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This pub is rather hidden away on what was formerly the main road from Chislehurst to Sidcup, but is now a quiet residential street. It is very close to an entrance to Scadbury Park, and so is popular with walkers. Once known as the The White Swan, it was renamed in the 1880's in honour of John Robert Townshend, 3rd Viscount Sydney. The subsequent alterations and extensions include a conservatory built in the 1980's. Although the pub has a focus on food, casual drinkers are also welcome. The pub is carpeted throughout with historical photos adorning the walls and has a good website.