George Staples273 Blackfen Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Originally the Woodman, it was built in 1845 and was one of the first buildings in Blackfen. It was then demolished and rebuilt in 1931 by Reffells Brewery when large-scale building began in the area. Refurbished in 2007 and renamed after the original landlord and refurbished again in 2018. It is now a comfortable and pleasant large single-roomed pub/sports bar with large TV screens for sport in all parts. Plenty of outdoor seating available, mainly on artificial grass, with pleasant lighting and plants on the walls. There is a buy five get one free loyalty scheme in operation. While some other establishments will accept Camra vouchers that are outdated from the Covid lockdowns, this doesn't apply here.