Welcome to the Website of the Greater London Region of CAMRA - The Campaign for Real Ale
The Region covers the Branches of CAMRA operating in the Greater London area. If you go to the Links page, you will find information on all the Branches and how to contact them. Most social events in London are run at the Branch level and these will be featured in our Regional Diary page along with a number spread across the whole region. All Branches run regular social events and many run beer festivals which will be listed in the London Beer Festivals calendar section. We will also provide detail of pub festivals who support CAMRA by advertising in London Drinker magazine. The magazine is published by the London Branches six times a year and is distributed to a large number of pubs in the Region. Further detail can be found on the London Drinker Magazine page. London has loads of goods pubs to sample real ale and cider in. For more information, go to the London Pubs page. London was once known as the capital of the world for beer with the exporting of its famous brews all around the globe. Today, although there are fewer breweries, London has recently seen a growth in the number of its small brewers, see London Breweries which is being embraced wholeheartedly by Londoners. But of course, London's reputation for fine pubs has always been there with some of the best in the UK to be found here; many have been places where history has been made. CAMRA is part of the European Beer Consumers Union, which is a consortium of beer consumer organisations across Europe. If you do not live in the UK, then why not consider joining one of CAMRA's sister organisations? For more information see http://www.ebcu.org/
Twitter / CAMRA_London
- Friday, 13:45 : RT @LDbeerfest: Stuck for #Christmas gifts for a #craftbeer lover? #LondonDrinker tutored tasting tix are still available! bit.ly/1yyJqs0
- Friday, 10:46 : RT @OaP_micropub: Open 12-10.30 today with Day 2 of the Rebellion Tap Takeover.
- Friday, 13:41 : RT @wildcattap: First tried this ages ago, and still amazed at just how much flavour @RedemptionBrew have packed in to a 3% beer. I… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 14:09 : RT @w9maidavale: Friends of @TheTruscottArms now 81% to their initial fundraising target. bit.ly/2fNX09h Meeting on Sunday at 5pm @ThePrinceAlfred
- Friday, 12:29 : RT @SELondonCamra: Don't forget it's our Branch trip to St. Albans tomorrow! Pubs, Christmas market and much more to explore. 11.30 Blackfriars south entrance.
- Friday, 11:49 : RT @crookedbillet: Feeling very festive as it is the season to be jolly #xmascountdown #mulledwine #winterwarmer #ale #communityontap pic.twitter.com/4Tg1g4wbMo
- Friday, 09:46 : RT @morningad: "Wonderful gesture" - #London pub offers free #Christmas dinners for the lonely: bit.ly/2ghCOcQ pic.twitter.com/pDPmQ2zNN3
- Thursday, 20:48 : RT @tomcopley: Very honoured and absolutely chuffed to received the @CAMRA_Official John Young Memorial Award this evening for wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Friday, 13:05 : RT @SambrookAle: #HappyFriday everyone! Our brewery #taproom bar is open as usual tonight from 5-10pm... pic.twitter.com/gXg0C8hsBa
- Thursday, 08:36 : RT @aletalk: The George and Dragon, Fitzrovia is brewing its own #beer on the premises news.fitzrovia.org.uk/2016/12/08/a-f…