Chelsea Ram32 Burnaby Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built in 1887 as the Ashburnham Arms by the Royal Chelsea Brewery on a provisional licence which, unfortunately for the brewery, was not confirmed by the Middlesex licensing justices. The premises remained vacant until 1892 when it was occupied by the St John's Ashburnham Institute. It eventually became licensed in 1984 when it was bought by Young’s; it is located near the former Lots Road Power Station and Auction Rooms. Refurbished by Young's with a light and spacious gastro-pub ambience, it has not lost its original community atmosphere. The pub is split into a main bar area and a large dining room to the rear; there are distinctive arched windows with the Ram symbol etched in the glass. The staff show commitment to beer quality plus an emphasis on good food availability, including daily specials.