Eight Bells89 Fulham High Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A bit tucked away near Putney Bridge tube station, this grade II listed building dating from the 18th century is the oldest surviving tavern in Fulham. Licensed in 1629 as the Blue Anchor, it progressively changed its name over the following century to the Anchor, The Anchor and Eight Bells and finally the Eight Bells by c1754. It was during one of these name changes that it was rebuilt. Close to Putney Bridge and a good base on boat race day and may be very busy on football match days when plastic glasses are used. Home-cooked food; the Sunday roasts here have picked up some very good reviews. The alcohol licence allows sale from 10am.