Prince of Teck161 Earls Court Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
As at early 2021 the lease of this pub is on the market via Davis Coffer Lyons. Large, busy, corner pub with bars on two floors, which used to have a rough house reputation in the old Kangaroo Valley days, but is quieter now (except for days of Australian celebration). The Star Brewery Tap (beer house) which stood here since 1832 was rebuilt by Huggett & Hussey for the Star Brewery in 1868 with a full licence and renamed. The brewery, which stood behind the pub and the rest of the terrace, closed a few years later. The pub was bought by Barclay Perkins, then tenanted to H H Finch, who were taken over by Young’s in 1991. The site is Grade II listed. Note the external bas reliefs of the Prince of Teck, and the four marvellous heraldic wyverns guarding the roof corners! NB under the terms of the licence alcohol cannot be sold before 10am.