Chelsea Potter119 Kings Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Built as a beer house in 1843 and enlarged in the 1890s, this pub was called the Commercial Tavern until 1956 when it was renamed after William de Morgan, founder of the nearby Chelsea Pottery. Note the attractive canted bay window and the glazing bar divided windows along the Radnor Walk frontage, adorned with hanging baskets, where the outside tables are available.
Inside, now a comfortable one bar pub, its high ceiling supported on slender scroll-topped columns, is furnished with a mixture of high and low tables, chairs and stools. A bare boarded floor, plenty of carved wood and a variety of mirrors add to the atmosphere. A pub-grub menu is offered. Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones are reputed to have once been customers; now it attracts a passing trade as well as the local regulars.